Half human, half dragon, and able to change form at will, these guys are a hard-core military unit. At war with a rogue faction of Dragonkind, the Nightfurys are incredibly secretive about their species. They need to be, to remain hidden from humans. Honestly, it was like pulling teeth to get an interview with one of them. But after some serious cajoling, Bastian, commander of the Nightfurys, agreed to give me his take on the five key qualities dragon shape-shifters need to survive. Thank goodness. There’s only so much begging a girl can do!
1. A wicked amount of lethal. ('Cause you never know when you might need to pull some kick-ass out of your bag of tricks.)
2. Razor-sharp intelligence. (Not only to make quick decisions on the fly, but to catch your brothers in arms cheating at the weekly poker game.)
3. A well-developed sense of humor. (If you can’t laugh at yourself, then you can’t laugh at your fellow warriors. And what fun is that?)
4. Charm. (Why? To score with the females, of course.)
5. Loyalty and honor. (All right, so I’m cheating here. But these two things are considered one and the same in Dragonkind circles, because no warrior ever gets left behind.)
And there you have it! I hope you enjoyed the top 5 as much as I did coming up with them!